Blog Archive

Style Points: Side Curly Bun

Hello Ladies! I feel like its been forever although it has only been 5 days :)

I want to show you a quick and easy style that I am wearing today called a side curly bun. You can wear it for church, work, or anything really. Its a cute and fast style to achieve.

How was my hair before doing this style?

My hair was already very stretched to where it looks blow-dried. I have been doing twists on dry hair to keep my hair stretched for the past almost 2 weeks. I washed my hair last a week and a half ago and co-washed once.

How did I prepare my hair?

Before going to bed I:
  • Distributed aloe vera gel throughout my hair. I used about a quarter size about 3 times.

  • Sealed it with jojoba oil and raw shea butter

  • Put 2 large flat twists in the front

  • Put 6 large twists in the rest of my hair

  • Rolled the twists with 4 flexi-rods

  • Tied up my hair with a silk scarf

I didn't use a comb to detangle, I just used my fingers. Again, my hair was very stretched so it didn't need much detangling.

How did I do this style?

In the morning I:
  • Removed the flexi rods and twists

  • Shook my hair for body

  • Pulled the back into a side bun

  • Pinned back the front

  • Added a flower


Literally 5 minutes later I was done! I timed myself :)

Hope you like it!! <3