Blog Archive

Megan Fox Doesn’t Want Bipolar Negativity In Her Life

Newsflash for inkheads and readers of lad mags: Megan Fox is removing one of her tattoos. (By removing, I think she means someone will scrape her skin off and then graft new skin on, which will be painful and not even work really—but whatev.) The tattoo she hopes to get rid of is a portrait of Marilyn Monroe. She told the Italian women’s magazine Amica that Monroe is “a negative character, as she suffered from personality disorders and was bipolar. I do not want to attract this kind of negative energy in my life.”



I’m guessing that’s not exactly what she said. I think she said something in English, it got translated for Amica into Italian, and that Italian version got translated back into English for websites like CelebrityGossip.com. (Just flexing those attenuated translation-studies muscles.)Even taking strained translation into account, we can assume this: She’s getting rid of the tattoo because she feels having bipolar disorder brings negativity. (Side note: I’m not sure who she thought Marilyn Monroe was when she got the tattoo. I mean, it’s not like she was Susan Sontag or something. She was famous for being damaged and dying tragically. Bipolar disorder would have been the least of her problems.)



Fortunately, I have some advice for Megan Fox that, should she choose to follow it, may obviate the need for this painful procedure.