Blog Archive

Hair Update : First Time Braid - Outs




Blessings and love beauties!!

I pray all is well with you and yours!!

Here's another quick Hair Update...

After doing all the washing last wash day, I decided to try something I've never really tried before :

Braid - outs

Yes, I have never worn a braid out.

I don't know but...I have always preferred twists/ twist - outs ... mainly because of the ease I guess...

So I put in 16 braids put on my satin bonnet scarf and went to bed.



On the next day, I took them down and .... loved it!!



Though I didn't get much definition, I liked the fullness that came with the braid outs and how my hair laid. In fact, I cannot easily wear my hair in this way with twist outs so it was sort of a first time wearing my hair like this...


I like the look a lot and I think I've become a fan of braid - outs but here's what I've learnt about braid - outs :


PROS 

● gives a fuller look

● hair lies where you want it to

● stretches hair out more than twists


CONS

● takes about three times longer to do than twists

● takes about four times longer to take out than twists (I was in a hurry that morning so you can imagine...)

● it's harder to achieve good definition



But this was my experience with them and remember, it's my very first time so after playing with it a few more times...I'm sure I'll only master it...though I doubt I'll be getting used to the time it takes to put on and take out any time soon...


I wore this hair do all day and loved every minute of it...I did get some looks but what's new? 
By the end of the day, by around 9 pm shrinkage had kicked in and it wasn't looking quite the same anymore ... but either way, that's the nature of my hair so I'm not even considering that!



Do you wear braid - outs? 
If so, why are your experiences?
Any tips?

♥♥