Blog Archive

Megan Fox Ditches Vegan Diet

spotted on the set of her new movie and has spoken out about her weight gain.



Megan Fox may be losing her Marilyn Monroe tattoo, but she says she's been trying to gain weight. The actress was spotted in brown leather shorts and a black tank top on the set of her new movie This is Forty looking curvier than she had in the past.



Megan Fox weight gain



“People thought, ‘Oh she must be anorexic,’ but she’s far from that,” her trainer Harley Pasternak said. “Believe it or not she has this really fast metabolism, so her training is all about body toning and sculpting. With her it's really about whether she's eating enough of the right things.”



In fact, he said she “gets frustrated at times” because she needs to put on weight.



The Jennifer’s Body actress recently told the Italian magazine Amica that she put on weight after she quit her strict vegan diet.



"For a year and a half, until about four months ago, I followed a strict vegan diet based on raw fruits and vegetables, no bread, sugar and coffee," she said. "But I had lost too much weight. So now I eat a bit of everything. I train three times a week doing circuit training with my trainer Harvey Pasternak."Fox also confessed to Fox News she didn’t have the healthiest diet.



"I just stopped eating," Fox said. "I don’t eat very healthy anyway — I have a serious sugar tooth, so now I eat red-velvet cake before I go to bed every night, and if you eat meals later, you'll put on weight faster, so I had dinner at 10 p.m."



The 25-year-old actress revealed she also had to put on weight back in 2008 for Transformers director Michael Bay. “I'd lost a lot of weight and got really scrawny but I was told I had to put on a size for Transformers because Michael doesn't like skinny girls."