Blog Archive

Think and Discuss: Hair Washing Methods

If you look at natural hair care on websites, forums, youtube channels, etc, you will find that there are MANY different ways to wash your hair! You can find an in numerous amount of techniques and methods. We all have our preferred methods.



How do I wash mine?

Let me start by saying I don’t like hair running down my back, on my legs and arms in the shower. AND I really don’t enjoy washing my hair in general because it makes my body itch (no matter what shampoo or conditioner I use). So I saturate my hair with water from a spray bottle, and apply shampoo in front of my bathroom mirror before getting in the shower. In the shower I rinse, apply my conditioner, detangle, clamp it back up and get out. However, sometimes, I apply conditioner, rinse and detangle out of the shower because I get so itchy!


That’s what works for me,

So I want to know, what works for you? What is your favorite hair washing method? Do you use more than one method?

Let’s think and discuss below!