Blog Archive

Healthy Hair Challenge 2011 - 2012 : 31 Days On

source


Blessings and love beauties!!

It's been since 31 days since I started my Healthy Hair Challenge. Here's a little resumé of what's been going on : 

● I've washed my hair once a week since I've started the challeng. I went on a search and destroy spree and I have done an overnight rhassoul clay treatment along with a bentonite clay treatment another time and clarified with neutral henna once

● I've been styling my hair in "lazy", low manipulative styles such as updos and I've also been  wearing scarves to keep my hands from my hair

● I've been moisturizing my hair with just water [and sometimes with] my leave in conditioner and sealing at least once every two days

● I've been flat twisting my hair in two parts and tucking in the ends and I always wear a satin bonnet to sleep

● I've been washing my hair in parts 

● I've been using heavy butters and using more oils to deep condition as Fall has begun


Here are my observations after the first 31 days : 

●  A lot less shedding

● Practically no breakage

● Breakage and tangles when I do not let my hair dry in small sections after washing

● Hair is more moisturized


I am happy with the results I have after these 21 days and have learnt some valuable lessons. The changes I am experiencing might not be evident yet but I am sure they will be in time.

For those of you that have been in this challenge with me, how has it been going? What are your observations?

♥♥