Blog Archive

Style Points: Styling Mini Twists

Hello ladies! Yesterday I reached the 1 week mark for my lovely mini twists! I am enjoying this low maintenance protective style. My husband asked if I can do it all the time because it looks pretty :) He is so sweet!

 I would like to share with you a few pictures of styles I have been doing with my twists!
  • All of my styles have been up so that my ends do not rub on my clothes.
  •  Every style is protective and cute because my overall goal is to retain length as my hair continues to grow.
  •  If you have not read the post I wrote when I first put them in a week ago, you can read it here!

I achieved this style by looping my hair around 3 fingers and pinning the ends under. In essence it is just a loose pin curl. This is a very simple way to add flair to the front of any style- you know the Pentecostal touch :)

This style is the front swoop I just described along with a high bun. Notice that my ends are tucked under away from the sun as much as possible. For a modest addition, I added my new metal braided headband that I picked up from an Aldo accessory store. Its one of my new favs!


This is the close up of my high bun! As you all know this is a favorite style of mine. With the summer heat- it has really become a go-to style for me! It keeps me cool :)
To create this style,
  • I put 8-10 flexi rods in my hair that was moist with leave in conditioner, aloe vera gel and jojoba oil overnight
  • In the morning, I released the flexi rods and separated the curls
  • I left a few curls out in the front
  • I then pulled the rest to the side with a banana clip
  • I secured loose pieces with bobby pins
  • Total style time: 3 minutes!