Blog Archive

Hair Tip #27: Make Your Shampoo Last Longer

Here is a great way to make your shampoo last longer!

Dilute your shampoo with a little bit of water and apply it to your hair from an applicator bottle. I have recently started doing this to save money to make my shampoo last longer.

    Pick up an applicator bottle from your local beauty supply. I purchased mine for $1.98. They have many different sizes that don't normally exceed $3.00.

    Fill up your bottle 3/4 of the way with your shampoo then fill the remaining 1/4 with purified water. SHAKE!

    What is good about this method?
    • Its easier to apply shampoo directly to your scalp
    • It saves money
    • It saves time when you are washing
    • It saves shampoo- no more dropping it in the bottom of the tub!
    Will this make my shampoo watery?

    My shampoo is not super thick so when I first tried this method I was worried that my shampoo would be watered down. However, it wasn't! And it lathered up very nicely like normal.