Blog Archive

Chronicles of a Natural Apostolic: Making Modest Additions

Hello lovely ladies!

So I am on a "save as much as you can and be more frugal" mission. Some of the things I am doing differently are:

-No clothes shopping until next year because I want shopping to become a privilege and because we are saving up to go on our first missions trip to India next year!

-I don't buy any new hair products until I have finished what I have. I have great staple products and don't want to become a product junkie.

So with that said, another thing I have been doing is making my own unique modest additions! I see the cutest headbands and clips all the time. But generally they are over priced. So I have been trying my hand at making some of my own.

sweet swirls



I made this one with a plain black elastic headband, black and cream felt, black faux satin material and rope pillow trim. I just made this one today to match my outfit for church tomorrow!

dainty lady



I made this one with a plain black elastic headband, black faux satin, black felt, black buttons, cream ribbon and cream feathers. This one is very cute for those all black outfits. Personally I love cream :)

feathered belle



I made this one using a clip, gold/brown buttons and brown feathers. This was made for two brown fancy outfits I have. I wanted something a bit outrageous ;)

prim&proper



I made this one specifically to match a pink and black dress I have. I recycled a black bow headband (the bow started coming off). So I pulled it off :) I used a sheer black fabric and baby pink lace. It makes me feel so girly!

cheetah feavah



I recycled the cheetah print bow from a headband. I glued it onto brown felt then embellished with buttons and ribbon then glued it to a clip. It's a fun addition to liven up an outfit!

royal sailor



I made this to match a black and royal blue Jackie Kennedy jacket. I used royal blue and black felt for the base. Then I topped it off with black ribbon for a delightful girly touch. Glued it to a clip and done! It's an adorable little piece in my opinion!

charlotte anne



okay I know random name but when I look at it I feel like it needs a special and pretty name. [insert little girl imagination] so I made this one using faux satin, black felt, black ribbon and a cute broach I found on clearance at Michaels. It is glued to a clip. This is one of my favorites. When it's on it looks like a cute little hat and I feel oh so pretty :)

So I hope I have inspired you to get creative while saving money!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone