Blog Archive

Style Points: Mini Twists on Blow Dried Hair

Hello ladies! I wanted to share with you how I achieved this style in addition to why i made this style choice.

My objective: a long lasting, cute and versitile protective style. I generally have a difficult time wearing the same style for a long time so I needed something I can still "style". Of course I need something protective but more importantly (to my self esteem) is for it to be cute! Lol :)

My long term goal: to achieve and retain more length! I am inspired to grow long hair and to retain all the growth God gives me! I am very blessed to have hair the length it is. I want to be mindful of how I take care of it. Faithful over a few things right?!

Now that we have established my objective and goals for this style.. Let's talk about how I did this!

What did I do?

  • STEP 1:
    • Washed my hair with tea tree tingle by trader joes
    • Conditioned my hair with bioinfusion olive oil deep conditioner
    • De-tangled my hair in sections with the conditioner in. I did this while I was still in the shower. Once I de-tangled a section, I twisted and clamped it. When I finished de-tangling and twisting, I rinsed out all of the conditioner with the clamps in. 
      • I left my hair twisted and clamped while I rinsed out the conditioner so that I wouldn't have to de-tangle all over again after my shower 




  • STEP 2:
    • Blow dried my hair with Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and jojoba oil in small sections. 
    • Twisted the sections so that it would stay stretched. 
      • I chose to blow dry my hair (only the 3rd time in over 2 years) so that it would be as stretched as possible and to get a smooth cuticle for a smooth style!
      • However, because I didn't completely dry it, I ended up with some frizz. So you want to blow dry until your hair is completely dry. 



  • STEP 3:
    • Twisted my hair in small sections.
      • I used Shea moisture curling enhancing smoothie to seal my ends. It worked very nicely! 
    • Total twist time = approximately 5.5 hours 


I plan to leave this style in for 4 WEEKS!

For your reference and convenience, I posted a video as a recap to this post. Watch for the final results and other tips!