Blog Archive

Video Tutorial: Detangling Dry Hair and Sealing in Moisture

Hello there! I recorded a video showing you how I detangle my hair when it is dry. I love to wear my hair stretched, as it is less hassle to style and I avoid single strand knots and excess tangles. However, when you are wearing your hair stretched you must be sure to keep it moisturized- lest your hair become a wild fire hazard!!

What products do you need?
  • Spray bottle with water- I put 3-5 drops of jojoba oil in mine
  • Leave in conditioner- I used Shea Moisture Curl and Styling Milk
  • Essential oil- I used a mixture of jojoba and safflower oil
OR
  • Butter - I used raw shea butter

What else do you need?
  • Wide toothed comb
  • Denman or tangle teaser - optional but highly recommended to remove shedded hairs
What do you do?..



Results ?

SOFT! I ended up doing a twist out that turned out so fabulous! But my camera died so I couldn't take good pictures of it. Anyhow, this method will definitely help you to keep your hair moisturized while it is stretched!