Blog Archive

DatFunkyFro's 2011 Fall Tendencies

source




Last week I could still wear a t-shirt now I'm sporting cardigans. Glory be to God, the year has gone by so fast and it seems like yesterday that I celebrated the New Year with my family and friends. It's evident Fall is here and frankly, I welcome it with open arms. I think I have secretly long awaited the Fall in my heart and looked forward to it subconsciously. It was a great Summer, no doubt, and they only ever get better but it's time to experience the wonders and chills of the Fall.

Of course, with a new season, comes new tendencies, well, at least for me. This applies to different areas of my life and is valid for different specific points in my world. I am particularly excited about this Fall because to me, it's another chance, another season of change and metamorphosis.

So with no further ado, here are some of DatFunkyFro's very own Fall Tendencies you need to keep an eye out for :


NATURAL HAIR 

This Fall, I feel more more prepared than I was with my natural hair last Fall. This is what I am going to be doing this fall with my natural hair :

● Moisturizing with a water based moisturizing cream along with just plain water everyday

● Sealing with OMO OGO Naturals' butters, preferably the Shea - Cocoa Hair Butter

● Styling hair in lazy updos, protective buns and simple yet elegant styles

● Following my Healthy Hair Challenge as scrupulously as I can

● As little manipulation as possible


WARDROBE 

I am particularly excited about my dressing this Fall but I am not at all talking about me going shopping or anything like that because, believe me, I am surely going to be looking through my wardrobe and digging up some old wears to play with and I'm going to be mixing them all up.

● I am going to try mix matching colors - who says you can only have color in the Summer? I don't. Watch out for the colors.

● Will be putting it all together - simple as that

●Will be going to be going with a bit of funky elegance and simple retro - let's what happens

● Accessorizing - I have always loved accessories but I don't think I have ever been able to put them together until now therefore I will be taking advantage of them to warm up the Fall


FOOD | HEALTH

● Work will be tilted towards drawing up and maintaining an exercising routine

● My eating will be monitored to avoid anything that does not benefit my health directly


SKINCARE 

Since from now on, it's only going to get colder, I am going to be stepping up my game in moisturizing, protecting and nurturing my skin by applying my present regimen and coming up with even better strategies

LIFESTYLE 

These past nine months have been a blast but they have also thought me a lot. I now truly know that we cannot take life lightly at all and we have to be 100% grateful for all we have and even what we don't. I believe these three coming months will be amazing by the grace of God and all I am about right now is love; being grateful and living each day to the fullest, walking according to the knowledge of God and in the light if His will.

By the grace of God, I will accomplish these and much more because I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me (Philippians 4 : 13)!

What are your own Fall tendencies?

♥♥