Blog Archive

Chronicles of a Natural Apostolic: You Never Know Who Notices You

Hello beauties! As you all read, Jen wrote a beautiful post called, me= good enough. One of my awesome friends, Mary, wrote the sweetest comment in regards to the post.

"Heeeey Kendra!!! I left a comment on Jen's blog in her hair post and since I mentioned YOU in my comment I thought that I would pass the message along to YOU!!! I tried to leave a comment on your blog but for some reason with your comment set up it won't let me!!! Anyways here you go!!! :)

JEN!!!!!! I am sooooo proud of you for making this decision!!! AND just for the record, I happen to LOVE "tightly curled hair!" I know, I know big surprise right? ;) LOL Honestly, I REALLY do think its beautiful!!! I love touching all the girls hair and playin with it and to me it is actually easier to do. Ironically, before I had read this post, I had just told the girls in my youth group, cuz I had just seen Kendra at Youth Alive, that one think I REALLLY liked and admired about Kendra is that she isn't scared to be just be black. You would think that with her being married to a white guy, that she of all people would try to have straight hair... BUT... She isn't scared of her hair. She wasn't scared of it not being all straight, she wasn't scared to have braids or twists or whatever and I REALLLY like that!!! I mean she came in with these cool lookin twists and rolls in her hair that obviousley no white girl would ever be doing, but on her hair it looked AWESOME!!! (Btw- you all better NOT laugh at me, BUT I did try to do one of Kendra's hair-do's one time. It didn't work at to well either...let me tell you!!! I told my sister...it didn't work out like Kendra's and she just looked at me and was all like...DUH!!!) So anyways, I'm really happy for you and proud of you!!! Btw- what do you guys think about hot sticks and hotrollers and curling irons? Do you think that is the same thing as when a girl gets her hair straightened? Its something that I think about from time to time(about myself) and would be interested in hearin what you all think! "

WOW! That meant so much to me. Sometimes I want to fit in and look like everyone else. I don't want to wear twists and braids and tightly coiled hair sometimes. But you never know who notices you - and that people may actually like it. She doesn't even know this but her comment just about made me cry.. To think that by me having natural hair means I am confident and
am unafraid to be ME!

THANK YOU MARY! I hope this helps all of my readers. People see you with your beautiful natural hair and they are inspired by you!