Blog Archive

Hot New Trends for 2011 - The Pixie

So, with the year comes to an end, and a new one just around the bend, thoughts of how to reinvent myself start dancing in my head.  :)  I love changing my hair. I do it all the time, and when I get bored, you better watch out, because I'll come go into the room with my blah hair, and come out with a fantabulous new do.  LOL, well, I do get bored with my hair, and I like to change it up, or cut it a lot.  When I find myself constantly putting my hair into a pony tail...something has to change....which is where I am today.  My hair is getting a bit long and the layers are becoming too long, and I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I want to keep it or cut it.  Which has inspired this post today!

There are so many beautiful, and beautifully crazy hair styles out there today.  So, to help narrow them down, I've done a little research, and here are some of the new trends going around.

I'll begin with the shorter hairstyles since, longer hair gets a bit more attention.

THE PIXIE


My new favorite cut that's recently hit the stands is Ashlee Simpson's new pixie cut.  She's had many styles over the years, but in my opinion, this fits her perfectly.  I love it with the hat! The short layers give her volume in the back, and the long sides w/ swept bangs help soften her features.


Many others have followed the trend, and taking their cues from the classics such as Twiggy, Mia Farrow and Edie Sedgwick, and cut their long locks into hip pixies.

Pixies are playful yet sexy, and are one of the easiest cuts to style.  Just wash, dry, and style with gel. :)

YESTERDAY

Twiggy

 Mia Farrow

Edie Sedgwick



TODAY

 Michelle Willliams

 Carrie Mulligan

 Emma Watson

Mia Wasikowska