Blog Archive

Kendra Mail: How to achieve growth with a busy lifestyle

Hello beautiful ladies! I love to get mail from you all because we all have questions and need answers. I am starting a new section of my blog to post those questions. If you have advice please feel free to leave a comment and add to what I have suggested. It will give a chance for us to give and take from one another. Together we will achieve long, natural and beautiful hair!

Question:

I am a Nigerian and a Christian. I recently stumbled upon your website in my quest to stay natural with my hair and it is indeed a blessing.  However, my challenges are that my hair is not too long and it stops growing at a point, the front is not as full as the other parts and I am a very busy working mother.  Are there some advices you can give me on:

How to make the front of my hair grow
How to grow and maintain a long hair
How to generally keep my hair natural even with my busy schedule

I would appreciate any help you can render.

Thank you and may the Lord continue to make you a blessing.

Answer:

Thank you for sending this email! Hopefully my answers can help you...

Hair growth is what we all want to see. The most important thing we must do to achieve it is have patience and remain consistent with a hair regimen. 

I am not sure what you are currently using on your hair, but you need a good shampoo and conditioner that is sulfate free, preferably organic... You also need a good deep conditioner. For hair maintenance you need a creme based leave in conditioner and oil. That's it! 

1. To make the front of your hair grow: keep your hair moisturized-pay specific attention to your ends! That is all you can do. As a side note; Scalp massaging is said to aid hair growth as it helps the blood flow to your scalp. 

2. How to grow and maintain long hair: protective styling and low manipulation! Keep your hair in protective styles where your ends are tucked and up. This is the best way to grow hair and maintain growth! 

3. Keeping natural hair with a busy schedule: do one style and maintain it throughout the week such as mini twists or braids. All you have to do is tie it up at night and keep the ends moisturized daily. 

If you browse my blog you will find information about products, protective styles and style maintenance! I wish you the best!