Blog Archive

Have Fun

So, you know those days where either the night before or the morning you had no energy, and you felt you were losing passion for your passion...only because it didn't seem like it was ever going to just happen?   I have those days everyday, and I just wanted to share with you today how I fight my way back. 

My way of getting my passion and creativity back is just to simply have fun when your doing your art.  HAVE FUN!  Try not to take it TOO serious... meaning, just don't get too stressed out, and have fun while your doing what you love, and do things that motivate you. 


My dream is to be an artist in the entertainment industry.  I want to work in the film industry, fashion industry...I want to do it all!  My favorite 3 directors that I dream to work with one day are Peter Jackson, Judd Apatow, and my all time favorite, Gus Van Sant.  I want to work doing hair and makeup on fashion shows, and music videos. I want to do it all.

But, of course, I always find myself stressing that they haven't happened yet, and so I get sad, and start questioning myself, and start slacking because nothing seems to be happening.  And, I don't have all of the tools that a professional artist does, and when I came back to Texas I ended up ditching my curling iron and hair straightener due to luggage weight restrictions.  So, it sucks, but they say when there's a will there's a way right? I think it'll be fun to see what these will do. These are my tools:




But after a few days of feeling "blah" about they things I didn't have, I just pushed myself to ignore those thoughts today, and had fun just playing with my makeup.  I turned on a bunch of my favorite tunes that always cheer me up; the Chili Peppers, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson (yes, I like Jessica and Brit! LOL, they're music makes you dance, and I love it!) and here's me singing Madonna's  "Express Yourself" while midway through makeup.  I honestly think I look more in pain.. lol.  But, I was having fun, and that's all that matters. :)



One main reason I began blogging is to motivate myself.  My thought was "If it's public, then I have to do it."  It's helped out tremendously. I've learned a little more about my craft, and am getting more excited about it. My goal for this blog too, is to be more confident in myself, and hopefully inspire others as well. 

So remember, to have fun, be happy, and when you start questioning your dreams, TURN THE MUSIC UP LOUD and flush out the negative!!!!