Blog Archive

Managing new growth while stretching


Bad news, while I was trying to create the perfect wash, set and blow out, I accidently knocked my Supersalano dryer to the ground because I was startled by my dog. So anyways, because of the hefty price tag, I will now have to find more "creative" ways to deal with my growth aside from using the heat of the blow dryer. This could actually be a good thing. I also decided not to use my flat iron if at all possible. Because I have been a good girl with my vitamins and smoothies, I have quite a bit of growth to contend with even though it has only been a month and a half since my last touch up.

For the next month and a half or so, I will have to be pretty clever in my hair styling techniques to minimize breakage and maximize "cute-age" (is that a word?).
Because of the amount of new growth, wearing my hair down just is not an option. The only area that I really am concerned about with regards to my new growth are my edges. Over the years I have tried some simple methods to tame my wild edges without the use of harsh gel products. These include:

Using a light leave in condition on my dry hair around my edges before tying my hair down at night. When I use this method, my hair dries flat while I sleep without having to add any heat to my hair.

Using fabulous accessories to camoflauge my curly edges. Whenever I use a cute wrap, headband, or scarf over my new growth, I always seem to get compliments. Using accessories kills two birds with one stone. Functionality and Fabulosity!